PUMPKIN , LEEK & RICOTTA LASAGNE (GF)
· 1kg kent pumpkin, peeled and sliced into 1cm thick bits
· 3 zucchini trimmed thinly sliced
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil sea salt and cracked black pepper
· 4 leeks washed, trimmed, and sliced lengthways then sliced into half rounds about 1/2cm thick.
· 1 sprig of thyme & 1 clove garlic, crushed
· 2 tablespoons of butter & 1 tablespoon of olive oil
· 2 large handuls of baby spinach leaves (about a packet)
· 1kg (5 cups) fresh ricotta
· ½ cup (40g) finely grated parmesan (Plus Optional 1 cup of cream)
· 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
· 1 cup tomato passata
· 10 -12 gluten free lasagne sheets (depending on the size of your dish)
· 2 cups (200g) grated mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the sliced pumpkin and Zucchini on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden and tender. Set aside.
2. In a frypan, melt the butter and olive oil, add the leeks and garlic and thyme, and over a low heat Sautee 10-15mins until the leeks are soft and buttery. Turn off the heat and add the spinach leaves. Set aside.
3. Place the ricotta, parmesan, (cream if using) salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
4. Place the tomatoes, and passata in a separate bowl and mix to combine.
To assemble, line the base of a deep sided 21x 28cm ceramic baking dish with a spoon of tomato sauce, then a spoon of the leek mixture and 1 layer of lasagne sheets. Top with half the ricotta mixture then pumpkin and zucchini slices and spoon another layer of tomato mixture, and leek mixture to cover. Repeat layering remaining ingredients, then top with the grated mozzarella, cover with baking paper and foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 30–40 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese is golden. Serves 6–8.